Vivaro 1.9 Stop Light & Engine Light on

Hi all Merry Chrimbo and a Happy new year to you and yours.

Ok I have a major update but still left in a pickle so hopefully someone will be able to put the answer up.
Having Just borrowed an Op-Com from a friend and plugged it into my laptop then updated the software to 1.39 all great, plugged it into the Vans port just under the steering wheel and set it running! This is the result when just plugged in and ignition switched on but not cranked.

OP-COM 090714 - PC based diagnostic tool

Diagnet

OP-COM - KW2000 Communication Window> 2003|Vivaro|Engine|F9Q 760/762 (1.9l)

Keyword #1: D0
Keyword #2: 8F
Normal timing parameter set.

Identifier: 8200204834
Data version number: 18
Manufacturer code: 37
Software version: 1200
Platform identifier: 8303
VDIAG Number: 18
Electronic variant number: 8200119800
Program number: 00CB
VIN:W0LF7ABA54VXXXXXX

Total number of fault codes: 4

P0113 -
Not present

P0100 -
Not present

P1635 -
Present

P0336 -
Not present

Strangely enough I had this tested prior and was told no fault codes were showing! Obviously the previous mechanic didn’t know what he was doing!

Anyhow I cleared the codes and waited a few second then turned ignition back on and cranked the engine this was the result from the op-com.

OP-COM 090714 - PC based diagnostic tool

Diagnet

OP-COM - KW2000 Communication Window> 2003|Vivaro|Engine|F9Q 760/762 (1.9l)

Keyword #1: D0
Keyword #2: 8F
Normal timing parameter set.

Identifier: 8200204834
Data version number: 18
Manufacturer code: 37
Software version: 1200
Platform identifier: 8303
VDIAG Number: 18
Electronic variant number: 8200119800
Program number: 00CB
VIN:W0LF7ABA54VXXXXXX

Total number of fault codes: 3

P1635 -
Present

P0100 -
Not present

P0336 -
Present

I have blanked the last 6 letters from my Vin number for security reasons (not sure what that means)

My question now is are the codes correct by saying

P1635 = Tire / Axle Ratio Out of Acceptable Range
Strange one I don’t know what this relates to.

P0100 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Malfunction
This has recently been changed and I have been told it can be because the engine was not started just cranked.

P0336 Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance
Does this mean it’s faulty or not!
Would this prevent the engine from starting.

This code vanished when I clicked clear codes and has not re-emerged so I am guessing it was an old code that has been fixed when I had a new Mass air Flow Device fitted a few months back.
P0113 Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input

The code descriptions have been obtained from this site http://www.z22se.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=105&t=14481

Any further input would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Happy New Year everyone!

Erm what am i doing here at new year! oh yeah thats it now i remember,

Can anyone tell me exaxtly where the stuffing Crankshaft sensor is on the vivaro cos i cant find the bugger anywhere! do all models have them i have found the camshaft sensor but for the life of me i cant find the Cranshaft sensor, a fast reply before i call the scrapman to remove it from my drive way would be nice as i think i have had enough of it and want to start 2011 with a positive attitude, you know out with the old and in with the new!

I would look around the bottom pulley or around the bell housing at the top on most renaults and is held in by two 10mm bolts. it may be covered by wiring loom and a bit of a bitch to see, hope this helps.

Front (oil filter side) of the engine - low on the block adjacent to the gearbox.

Thanks Skip, though its no clearer i think i must be a total noob or nob whichever! there is nothing like that on my engine? can anyone point me to a piccy or a sketch of where it is please.

Or if i upload an image of the engine could someone put a marker where it should be!
God do i feel useless. lol
:D

Sponsored Links
Av Just been told that the codes i submitted are wrong! can anyone of you good fellas or women enlighten me as to the correct iterpretation of the codes please.

Right here goes,

P1635 Glow Plug general fault

P0100 Mas Airflow Meter

P0336 Crankshaft position sensor

The crank sensor is going to be your fault, you have one for sure just have to locate it. This sensor sends a signal to the ecu which in turn tells the injectors when to open. No signal, No injection of fuel, Non start.

sensor is located on gearbox at the front near the bottom, held in with a 10mm bolt √

Update, Update, Update!

Traveling vessel otherwise known as my van (Vauxhall Vivaro 53 plate) is now fixed and fully operational.

Big thanks to skippster76 for your help mate you have been an absolute star throughout all this.

And another big massive thanks to Andy’s Autos in Leeds (Mobile Mechanic) for attending and fixing the fault on my vivaro sorry i ate your bacon sarnie mate but i just couldn’t see it getting cold! yum yum.

Where was i? ah yes back to my van, i was just about to sell it off as a none runner when skippster76 interpreted the fault code correctly for me, yes it was the £23.50 crank shaft sensor, for sure if this van had gone to a garage this would have cost me the high pressure pump price.

Any how happy new year to all and hope this can be of some help to anyone else experiencing the same symptoms.

PS just in case your all wondering why i called a the mobile mechanic! well the truth is i couldn’t for the life of me even after removing all the air pipes, mass air flow meter, air filter and loads of other parts could i buggery find where this crank shaft sensor was located? truth is i still don’t as the mechanic did it in around 15 minutes! can you believe it lol yes its true all this time i have been without my van and he came along and had it jacked up and part changed within 15 minutes, took him longer to wash his hands in his little mobile sink.

Glad you got it sorted mate, It's a bit difficult trying to diagnose a fault when your not there with the vehicle, but hey you got there in the end and it did not cost to much.Now go and enjoy your van again.

@Jimmyjaffa hi just come across the old post and you seem to know what your talking about, I'll keep it short and sweet! I own a 1.9 vauxhall vivaro 2006 it is refusing to start unless I use easy start, it will remain running if I keep the idle up if not it cuts out. I have tried absolutely everything the fault first started when the van just cut out whilst I was going down the road. Prior to that for around 48hrs it was being a pain to start after running out of fuel.

AA breakdown found these codes
P1635
P0191 - rail pressure sensor 1 signal improbable
*P0191 Is repeated twice

The mechanic that came out said I need a new fuel pump but I'm not convinced fuel is getting to to HP pump and from the pump to the union before it heads to injectors and when I cracked injector bolt fuel is also arriving there.

Any advice would be great don't want to get stung

TIA

Josh

Sponsored Links
Back