Voda Unlocking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Voda are a right royal PIA.

Other companies, by comparison, make it very easy to unlock a handset.

My lad bought one off his mate and of all the companies, it had to be locked to Voda.

They insist you buy and load up a PAYG SIM and use it for 30 consecutive days "as a security measure, to prove it belongs to you", then you can apply to them for it to be unlocked.

FFS!

Sponsored Links
Voda are a right royal PIA.

Other companies, by comparison, make it very easy to unlock a handset.

My lad bought one off his mate and of all the companies, it had to be locked to Voda.

They insist you buy and load up a PAYG SIM and use it for 30 consecutive days "as a security measure, to prove it belongs to you", then you can apply to them for it to be unlocked.

FFS!

This may still work - it worked for me a few years ago when I was on Vodafone. I had three phones locked to Vodafone and I just filled in the online form and unlocked all of 'em! https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/unlock-code-request/index.htm

Just find a family member or friend with a contract Vodafone that they’ve had for at least a year and fill in the NUC form using their phone number but the make/model and IMEI of the phone you want to unlock and it should work. They will then text the unlock code to the contract phone but it can take a few days. It definately worked for me. (y)

Last edited:
Thanks. I have since spoken to Voda and they say the best thing is if my lad gives it back to his school pal and he sorts it out using the original SIM.

Sponsored Links
Back