Vokera 20/80 RS folwmatic combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having problem with my Vokera 20/80 RS flowmatic combi boiler, First it had water leak then water got to PCB, I changed heat exchanger hope to get it work again, the water leak cured but it will not fire up, I notice the fan will not run at all and gas valve not ' clicking'. I changed PCB and still the same symtom but the pump is running ok.

Please anyone who are the expert on Vokera, Please give me idea .

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Can you get it off the wall and sentd it to me I'll fix it and return it at £35 per hour plus parts and postage.

The 20-80 is getting rather old now but were well made and are capable of continued service as the spare parts are still widely available.

It sounds as if the fixer is adding more faults just to make the job more interesting.

Without seeing the boiler and doing some diagnostic tests its difficult to guess what has been wrongly done to it.

DP will have a heart attack as these are his favourite dinosaurs!

Tony

GET the boiler serviced properly.

So far you have fitted parts which (most likely) were not needed- all (initially) that was needed was a proper service as indicated in the manual.

After this comission boiler as indicated in the manual.

Paul you are very cheap. Perhaps I will send Flowmatics to you. Be writing to you for your views on a common problem on this boiler.

Sponsored Links
thank you for your advice, I am having somebody come to have a look today, it's just wonder what could stop the fan and gas valve working.

Because you have drained the boiler. Boiler components are protecting the boiler.

I repeat- Boiler needs to be comissioned. Changing parts is foolhardy. Would have been better calling in someone who knows how the boiler works, instead of spending good money replacing perfectly good parts.

I had somebody came and had a look at it, it turned out to be the duffed PCB that I changed. So we replaced with another new PCB, now it works as new.
Thanks for all advice.

Very interesting. New board being defective? Not much to go faulty on it.

I think someone is taking the p155

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back