Vokera 20/80 RS Turbo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm hoping for some help here. My boiler, Vokera 20/80 RS Turbo, died on Christmas eve, and I'm now trying to get it fixed without running into lots of money, as I know that replacing it is probably the best thing to do. I may be sellng my flat so would prefer to get it repaired.

Everything seems to be working, the fan is running to touch, the relays kick in when room thermostat or hot water is on, but the boiler doesn't ignite (not even with blowtorch). I've been told it may be the PCB board that needs replacing and I've seen original ones online for sale for £40. Does this problem sound familiar to anyone and is there any way to check if it is the PCB board before buying one? Oh, one more thing, there is a small gold coloured bar (heat exchange???) and when the boiler is on, this heats up the metal on the other side to a very hot temperature, burning to touch.

I look forward to any comments you have to advise on repairing.

Many thanks

Nick

Sponsored Links
You should not remove the combustion cover for safety reasons.
The fan should run at low speed all the time.
The gold thing is a big resistor and will get hot.
With a demand (hotwater/heating) the first thing that should work is the pump.
Is the pump working?

Why did you open it up before obtaining advise? Thats not a good move. Nor is using a blowtorch. Nor is 'thinking' it might be a PCB. Unless you can folllow your MI's, may I respecfully advise that you employ the services of someone who will fix it on a no fix no charge.
Huw.

You should not remove the combustion cover for safety reasons.
The fan should run at low speed all the time.
The gold thing is a big resistor and will get hot.
With a demand (hotwater/heating) the first thing that should work is the pump.
Is the pump working?

Hi, thanks for your post. Yes the pump does appear to be working, although I couldn't say that is running at low speed all the time. When you turn the temperature is low enought for the boiler to start or the hot water is turned on, you can feel ever so slightly a difference on the pump.
A plumber has been round for different reasons to my flat and he took a look, although he admitted not being familiar with this Vokera model. He advised that it could be the PCB board.

Thanks

Nick

Sponsored Links
Why did you open it up before obtaining advise? Thats not a good move. Nor is using a blowtorch. Nor is 'thinking' it might be a PCB. Unless you can folllow your MI's, may I respecfully advise that you employ the services of someone who will fix it on a no fix no charge.
Huw.

Hi Huw, A plumber took a look and advised that it might be the PCB. He admitted not being familiar with this Vokera model, and that's the reason why I'm seeking advice from people on this forum. I don't know any heating engineers who work on a no fix no fee basis. It would be ideal for someone to come round on this basis.
Thanks
Nick

Halers, almost every 'plumber' and his uncle opts for PCB fault regardless of what the failure is.

What will you do when you fit ebay sourced PCB and boiler fails to work.

I regularly repair Turbos as Glasgow seems to like Vokera name. Have only replaced the PCB on a Turbo once, which was burned due to 13amp fuse fitted for 'protection' of electric within the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back