Vokera 20 80 rs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 10 year old boiler that seems to make a noise sometimes on the CH side. It seems to happen when the heating is set up pasted midway on the boiler thermostat. I thought it might be a faulty pump so I removed and checked the pump also I ran the pump in my hand to see if there was vibration. I also fitted a new thermostat with probe.
When CH asks for a high flame, the high flame starts but then after about 3 or 4 secs the noise starts and it goes to no flame. When I run the CH on a lower thermostat setting, the low flame starts up and it seems to be able to cope with it.
My next thought would be a blocked HE, am I barking up the right tree or just barking?
I don't want to buy a new HE only to find there is nothing wrong with the one I already have.

Sponsored Links
No point buying a new hex ( if that is the problem ) as the rest of the system would still be full of crap and thus you'd be back to start before long

Service, service, service and service is all that needs to be said. Boiler almost certainly had not had a service for a while (anyway, the ones that I come across). Burner should drop down to low flame.

What is the temperature and are the radiators hot? Does the flame downsize during hot water?

Good boiler that c5ap does not effect like a modern boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back