Vokera besmart discontinued?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Looking to upgrade my vokera to opentherm and the "besmart" thermostat, but a quick check on vokeras site shows it's no longer advertised, and the Google play store doesn't show the app either.

@vulcancontinental any info?

Sponsored Links
Yes, it's discontinued. The new version called Hi,Comfort uses the same room control rebranded and a new app and wi-fi box. Should be in stores now I think.

The old wi-fi box had to be discontinued as the servers were not fit for purpose and were located in China which gave security issues to our American owners. The new boxes are linked through Amazon servers.

I have production ones at home running my boiler and three others at training centres.

An improvement in some respects with features I don't need but the big disappointment for me so far is no remote reset of boiler. However remote updates are possible.

If you're need is urgent EPH controls work well as they're made by Allied Controls, the same people that made BeSMART. Not pretty but effective.

Nest works well with our combis but with fewer features however usability and looks are very good.

A new sexy room control will be forthcoming.

Do the eph controllers still work with the older generation combis? Settable dhw and ch flow max temps?

I'm running a "historic" but brilliant excel 24 combi with the cn6 interface plug, and I know for a fact that evohome opentherm doesn't allow dhw or max Ch settings.

I assume the tado opentherm will be the same "non settable" issue with their EU o/t offering?

Only vokera own brand with the older boiler I have?, if so I may just settle for the 711 for £100, as it looks like a capable o/t controller, especially as the besmart app is not available now.

Any input appreciated David.

Sponsored Links
The EPH works well, OT is OT. DHW temp. adjustment on control not on boiler.

No idea of Tado.

If internet control is not important use the smaller RF thermostat timer. Convert it to OT using the videos on YouTube.

The BeSMART app is not available but RiCLOUD is, almost identical.

The 711 is extremely clunky though capable. Not easy to program or use without effort.

Just thought I'd update this for any vokera tado opentherm guys, the EU receiver works fine with my excel 24 (plus interface plug).

Hot water and max Ch flow temp is all settable via the main tado app and the tado installers app.

I do like the way opentherm modulates compared to on off tpi, very clever.

Screenshot_20230105-160630.jpg

Just thought I'd update this for any vokera tado opentherm guys, the EU receiver works fine with my excel 24 (plus interface plug).

Hot water and max Ch flow temp is all settable via the main tado app and the tado installers app.

I do like the way opentherm modulates compared to on off tpi, very clever.

View attachment 291233

Excellent. I've no feedback on how Tado works with our boilers.

If you have time and can be inclined I'd appreciate some screenshots of different pages of the Tado app if the boiler is mentioned.

Also, does Tado provide consumption in data along the lines of run time, modulation or fan percentage and system temperatures? If so feedback on your opinions and screenshots would be great.

Will do this Saturday David, your videos and posts on here have helped me enormously having a vokera,

Happy to help back.

(Just to add, I had to add my boiler as the unica, my excel according to tado doesn't support opentherm so had to pick a boiler that tado thought did. Seems to work fine nonetheless)

Will do this Saturday David, your videos and posts on here have helped me enormously having a vokera,

Happy to help back.

(Just to add, I had to add my boiler as the unica, my excel according to tado doesn't support opentherm so had to pick a boiler that tado thought did. Seems to work fine nonetheless)

Info like that can be really helpful, thanks.
Yes, as the Excel is a special made for Wolseley it's not publisised but if you know, you know;);)

Excellent. I've no feedback on how Tado works with our boilers.

If you have time and can be inclined I'd appreciate some screenshots of different pages of the Tado app if the boiler is mentioned.

Also, does Tado provide consumption in data along the lines of run time, modulation or fan percentage and system temperatures? If so feedback on your opinions and screenshots would be great.
Main boiler model and setup page, all that is adjustable is the max flow temp.

Also it gives the current flow temp

Screenshot_20230106-143909~2.jpg

Screenshot_20230105-160630.jpg

The setup info provided for the unica,this is all via the tado installers app, not the main app.

Screenshot_20230106-170957.jpg

Screenshot_20230106-171100.jpg

Hot water control temp is done via the main app, with a combi boiler you set the schedule to 24/7. There's some talk of the viessman boilers pre heat for hot water being on all the time, tado is unable to turn this to eco. Must be done via a viessman tech at boiler.

Screenshot_20230106-165046.jpg

The only thing tado will show via opentherm is flow temperature, no modulation, no nothing from the boiler.

Heating time and load via the main app is " generic"

Screenshot_20230106-165022.jpg

Screenshot_20230106-165032.jpg

The actual setup is rather complicated, and spread across 3 apps, the main tado app, then for opentherm the installers app that then takes you to the "tado model selector" app.

Screenshot_20230107-065635.jpg

Screenshot_20230106-143842.jpg

There's additional setup needed at the wireless thermostat, this can be found on the installers app.
Screenshot_20230106-164852.jpg

That's about it really, it works rather well with limited anti cycle, hard to test at the moment as the temps have jumped back up and load is light.

How tado works with weather adaption/comp I can't find out, I'm not sure if it's opentherm and flow temp integrated or if it's still just turning rooms off early etc like with the tpi connection.

It seems to be holding temps fine though

Screenshot_20230107-105421.jpg

Hope this helps you and anyone else.

Shame we can't tag this as tado for anyone Google searching as I did about the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back