Vokera Compact 24 Lossing Water Pressure.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my combi-boiler has started losing water pressure on the CH. I have just done some alterations with some rads but the pressure does not keep up. There appears to be no leaks any where, including the news ones & old connections. The PRV is not leaking or any visible leaks from the boiler itself.

Are there any components inside the boiler that could cause the pressure to fall & is their a way to check them.

Thanks in advance,
Andy

Sponsored Links
How long does it take for the pressure to drop. Seconds or weeks?

If its very quick, keep hunting for a leak. If it slow, you may have microleaks where the water evaporates as quickly as it escapes. There should still be some evidence of escape especially with the heating off. Re-check all the new joints in the system.

using filling loop, fill system to 2 bar, and close isolation valves on flow and return underneath boiler.

switch off boiler electrically

leave for 12 hrs, 24 hrs, whichever you can cope with.

has gauge dropped, if so leak from boiler

if no drop, open iso valves, has gauge dropped. if so, leak is on system

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply's . I'm doing what you said to eliminate the boiler first, then the pipe work then the rads.
I'll let you know the results.

Thanks

Ok emergency over. Having done as told I eliminated the boiler & found that there was a tiny leak in a 10mm pipe. It had been stood on & pricked by a carpet gripper!

Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back