Vokera Compact 24 not lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, My Vokera Compact 24 has stopped working. When I turn on the hot water tap the fan starts on the boiler but the boiler doesn't light. It's the same when I turn the central heating on. The green LED on the front panel still flashes as if there is no problem. The boiler doesn't need the water topping up and my gas hob still works. Has anybody got any ideas what to try?
Thanks in advance, Paul.

Sponsored Links
There is a tube that leads from the fan to the switch. Although I have never done this as I don't work on boilers, I believe you can remove the tube from the fan side, and blow or suck on it, if you can hear the switch clicking inside then you know it is working.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that John, I'll go and have a look. I take it you mean the air pressure switch rather than the water pressure switch? The manual mentions both.

sorry but you need fully qualified engineer to test air pressure switch as it in the combustion chamber

and it most likly the the diaphram on diavert gone if it not registering fault
easy way is to press it in while tap running and see if the boiler lights

It's fixed! I did the test on the pipe like you suggested and I could hear the clicking which would suggest that it was fine and so I put the pipe back on and tried the boiler again and it worked. It must have just been sticking because I've been away for a few days and it hasn't been used. Thank you very much for your help and quick responses John.
Regards
Paul

you need gas engineer to do service on your boiler to make sure it safe as you broken into the combustion seals

Only just seen your replies ADL, thank you. As an aside, the air pressure switch has been replaced before because the old one was on top of the boiler along with a couple of thermistors. It must have been done over a year ago though before I moved in.

don`t worry about that just make sure you get your boiler serviced
as it might be working as you may put the cover on wrong
allowing excess air into the cc which can help this type fault as type bypass thus leaving you prone to co poisoning

I was thinking of getting it serviced anyway because it's not been done whilst I've lived here which is over a year. How much will I be looking at for a service?

local gsr would be cheapest
other than bg are good for fix price repiars included
please don`t use the AA as i don`t like them
home serve depends on guy they send
if you goto gassafe web site and type in your post code
you should get few number and get couple of qoutes

It's stopped working again! ADL I think you may be right about it. How do you do that test that you mentioned?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back