Vokera Compact 24 shuts down when hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Can anyone help me with this boiler problem.

We have a Vokera Compact 24, it was installed about 3 years ago

When the heating is turned on everything is fine for about 1/2 an hour then the boiler shuts down and the red LED comes on. After a while (could be afew seconds of a few minutes) The red LED will blink then turn green as the boiler starts up again then the boiler will shut down again and the LED will go red.
The boiler also seems to be loosing a bit of pressure but I don't think the symptoms are related.

Using hot water alone is fine

Can anyone be kind enough to offer any advise about this ? We called a heating engineer out and he just looked at it while scratching his head then told us he couldn't help!

Thanks in advance
Matt.

Sponsored Links
Mine is doing this now, does anyone have any ideas what it could be.

Matt if you got it sorted could you reply on this with what it was. Ta

could be the primary ntc (thermistor) is there a fault code when red led is present?

Sponsored Links
Mine did this last year and was the High Limit Thermostat....really easy to replace...top left of the boiler you'll see a heat exchanger with two looped pipes going into it and two sensors....replace the one closest to you...has two screws top and bottom and not a screw in type, that is the primary NTC thermister....but might be worth replacing both as you are medling!

Also the compact is very sensitive to pressure drops and will cut out.

Best of luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back