Vokera compact HE - no spark

It is not a ****e thing, it is an easy fix on a solid boiler and the last fault was not a dusty air pressure switch as they're sealed. If the guy changed it last time because he told you it was that use someone else this time. PCB is expensive but that can happen to anyone, the recuperator is very expensive so get it serviced properly and get him to include cleaning the recuperator which will save you a packet.

Great response - many thanks

Sponsored Links
Vulcan is a sound bloke and is a trainer for Vokera so heed his advice, most of us know what the problem is most likely to be but we are not allowed to give you advice on work that requires opening the combustion chamber and correctly so, why not look at a Vokera fixed price repair if you cant find a RGI with experience of your boiler

Fair enough guys... and understandable. I didn't actually realise you weren't allowed to say but it makes sense when you consider the potential for disaster.

Like I said, with it being a spark problem, thought I'd try all the electrical side of things that I can get to first before calling the cavalry. Have a guy booked for Monday so hopefully it's as simple (and cheap!) as some of you have suggested.

Normally on forums I'd post up the fix for anyone doing a search with the same issue, but I take it that I shouldn't in this instance?

let us know how you get on , don't get us wrong we are not trying to be awkward and we would like to tell you what your problem could be ( without being in front of the boiler ). as you may understand a little info can be dangerous info but hope we get some feed back with the problem you had.

Sponsored Links
Without giving too much away the fault I think it is can be cured by stripping and cleaning but the parts can also be replaced for £20, the replacement is an upgrade and worth the money. Get the recuperator cleaned with an alkalyne detergent chemical. You must not do that yourself as it is part of the flue system. Many look upon these boilers as cheap; they are built to a price level but are simple and utilitarian and if serviced thoroughly will last just as long as premium boilers if they are serviced thoroughly, trouble is most boilers of any type are not serviced, just given a safety check. Get the guy to look at the lower condensate drain tube also, this would be done as part of a fixed price repair although the cost of the repair £230 including any bits needed up to £460.

Last edited:
Cleaning the condensate pipes is very important on boilers with an ali heat exchanger.

Most of the faults on that type of boiler that I go to are caused by this. Resulting of course from a failure to have them properly serviced annually!

Tony

Cleaning the condensate pipes is very important on boilers with an ali heat exchanger.

Tony

Tony are you suggesting this boiler has an Ali HE?
If not, then your comment, to quote you, is not relevant:p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back