vokera Compact HE with Drayton Lp711 programmmer is it poss?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone!
What a helpful forum this is!
Wondering if anyone could help me out, have been reading the topic about Vokera compact HE and honeywell/salus programmers/stats, I am getting this boiler fitted right now to replace my ancient (and kaput!) HW (cylinder) and CH system.
I was going to take the plunge and get a Salus, (using the wiring diagram provided in the post) but I already have a Scottish gas branded Drayton lp711 timer/programmer, now obviously I no longer need the HW side, but can this programmer be re-used and if so, could anyone be kind enough to provide me with a quick connection guide (ie the pinouts for the M6 connector)?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Oh, meant to say that I am pretty sure that I just match up the live and neutral out of the Drayton to the M6 connector (clock side) but just don't want to blow the PCB (always nice to get confirmation from those with experience!)

I note that the Vokera comes with a mechanical clock fitted as standard, so you should not need an additional programmer. Also, if you use a programmable room thermostat then you don’t need timer control of the heating anyway, because that is provided by the thermostat.

Have you looked at the Vokera advanced controls which work on the ‘Opentherm’ control protocol, and have you considered fitting weather compensation, which is also available to work with these boilers? See http://www.vokera.co.uk/home-owners/controls/ and http://vokera.excaliburstudio.co.uk...advanced_energy_saving_controls_homeowner.pdf

Hi,
I was looking to merely replace the mech clock with the 7day clock/programmer that i already had. I am also not really looking to use a themostat, although if I do, (if the drayton isn't suitable) I won't be using vokeras- they are 3 times the price of the salus, for instance, and half as good by all accounts.
I have just managed to find the drayton manual on the web, and it says that the outputs are volt free, so I think I should be fine just wiring it in and giving it a whirl, but would really appreciate it if anyone who has experience of this could confirm it for me.
Cheers!

Sponsored Links
offhand dont have wiring diag for the drayton

cant recommend a prog roomstat highly enough, your boiler will be doing a lot of unneccesary cycling, costing you a few pounds in gas!!!

the salus rt500rf which i have posted the wiring instructions for only cost £40 on the net :!:

the compact already has a clock, you are rewiring another clock back in its place!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back