Vokera excell 80 SP water heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vokera excell 80 SP --- 9-10 years old recently serviced(new diaphragm etc) central heating appears ok its the hot water thats the problem - it comes on and heats up but will go cool and warm up again or even go cold and warm up again even though the burner is continually burning during this operation:confused: I have swiched the heating off and it still happens. Also the same problem when using the show (and we all know what that can be like) this has been always a problem its just more pronounced now.-- no changes in system and has been flushed etc
any ideas - yes a new system has come to mind but if there is a way round it for a few years it would be well received

Sponsored Links
easiest thing to get a goon engineer round, should take him 10min to find out wats wrong..

but there is a few things ya can check, if ya feel under the boiler does the ch pipes get hot wen ya run the water?

easiest thing to get a goon engineer round, should take him 10min to find out wats wrong..

but there is a few things ya can check, if ya feel under the boiler does the ch pipes get hot wen ya run the water?

will have to respond tomorrow as heating is on and will stay that way (ACCORDING TO HER IN DOORS) when I get chance I'll check although I think we will find that it doesn't

If the boiler was serviced and the problem still persists perhaps you should talk to the engineer again.

Most likely cause of the problem is blocked secondary heat exchanger and less likely, fan venturi.

You do not need a new boiler, just this one fixed. If you think a new boiler is answer to your problems, relief will only be short lived as new boiler will eventually go the same route, unless system is cleaned thoroughly. Obviously, this cleansing will fix the problems you are having at present.

How did you flush the system?

Sponsored Links

"Goon"

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Look up Goon in
Wiktionary, the free dictionary.Goon is a slang term referring to thugs hired by bosses or other authorities

It may also refer to:

The Goon, a comic book series created by Eric Powell
Alice the Goon, a character in Popeye comic strip
Go-on, a possible way of reading certain Japanese Kanji
A performer in The Goon Show
A goofy person.

So which one of those would the "goon engineer" be? A "goofy person" ?

If the boiler was serviced and the problem still persists perhaps you should talk to the engineer again.

Most likely cause of the problem is blocked secondary heat exchanger and less likely, fan venturi.

You do not need a new boiler, just this one fixed. If you think a new boiler is answer to your problems, relief will only be short lived as new boiler will eventually go the same route, unless system is cleaned thoroughly. Obviously, this cleansing will fix the problems you are having at present.

How did you flush the system?

I have had the eng back and he has added TSSM -4 sludge remover and is to return mid week to flush system completely (will mention fan venturi when he comes -- by the way he is also an approachable corgi reg eng)

and further to gaz_man_gaz I did try the suggestion of seeing if the CH pipe heated when water only was on and it didn't as I expected.

I'll keep u posted and thanks for the advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back