vokera excell 80sp problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
pilot light has gone out and won't stay on with attempts at reignition. there is a spark and pilot does come on but when i release the gas control knob the flames dies along with my hopes of a warm shower.

can anyone give advice on what the problem could be?

haven't had the annual checks so i'm guilty there

Sponsored Links
think its from 1997 as its written on user manual

do u think its worth a good clean as per instructions tonight when i get home to see if it rectifies the problem?

You need to check if the gas valve is getting 240V however the fan would have to be running for that to happen.

Sponsored Links
how much would i be looking at if let's say i needed a new gas valve?

thing's like the thermocouple and easily replaceable items, are these easily available from (dare i say) b&q?

About £100 for the valve and no you won't get either item in B&Q.

so looking at abt £200 p&l fingers crossed

thanks for all help, remembered have plumb centre in next estate over so will check there if i need any parts when i get cleaning tonight

so looking at abt £200 p&l fingers crossed

thanks for all help, remembered have plumb centre in next estate over so will check there if i need any parts when i get cleaning tonight

Vokera do a fixed price repair for £148+Vat.

Vokera do a fixed price repair for £148+Vat.[/quote]

bargain then!, i'll call them if i have no luck personally

When you light the pilot, PCB is not even in the picture. Fan? Well I wonder what the fan has to do with lighting the pilot. Apart from turning over a small amount of air through the combustion chamber to keep the chamber cool and combustible air available for the pilot, fan at this stage is not party to lighting the pilot.

Gas valve could be faulty but then it needs to be established. T/C does fail but number of Vokeras I encounter, it is once in a blue moon.

But it is fine and dandy for me to sit here remote from your boiler and rabbit on. Best to get someone who knows the boiler to have t a look at it.

It is amazing how many failures are caused by not getting the boiler serviced.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back