Vokera Excell Weird problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I was wondering if someone might have an idea what's going on here.

I have a vokera excell boiler, it recently started misbehaving by not re-igniting after the thermostat kicks out and then kicks in again.

I took the cover off to have a look inside and noticed that when the front plate is lowered to reveal the wiring etc the boiler behaves perfectly, as soon as I put the front plate back up again it won't work.

In fact after MUCH experimentation I noticed that the front cover only needs to come forward about an inch for things to go back to normal.

I assumed it must be a loose wiring connection which is being put out of place when the front plate is in place. I've checked and re-checked but can't find any wiring problems.

So now I'm left scratching my head. Anybody have any ideas what's going on??

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I've had this problem on other boilers and yes your right it's probably a loose or broken wire, you just need a bit of patience to find which one. Be careful because they could be 240volts :confused:

Thanks for the quick reply.

At least I know I'm on the right track. I'll keep hunting then

Cheers

Very much doubt there is a loose wire!! Think about it- you crack open a sealed chamber, the burner comes on.

I bet the boiler has not been serviced in ages. If it has, the vital parts were not looked at.

Sponsored Links
DP...I know what you are getting at but he never said that he had opened the combustion chamber but just lowered down the front panel
:confused:

Excel has a cover that lifts off the boiler, control panel that swings down and front cover (combustion chamber front cover) comes forwards (once the screws are out.

Have to conceed the point WRT control panel

Control board is quite heavy and can with rough handling snap plastic mountings that secure it via screws to the folding front panel. Check the screws are securely holding the board to the front panel otherwise weight of control board could be being part supported by wiring (causing wires to be strained in the vertical position and contact(s) to fail) or weight of the board could be being taken by the plastic spindles for the control knobs which is then transmitted through to the soldered potentiometer legs on the control board (causing soldered joints to be strained and fail).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back