Vokera Flowmatic Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning guys.

Has anyone ever come across a similar problem to this .

A Vokera Flowmatic Combi Boiler that is giving next to NO water flow through the hot taps ( all of them )

the cold tap is fine and gives good pressure. Run any of the hot water taps and there is next to no flow, nowhere near enough to fire the boiler.

The water valve section has been partially removed to check for dirt. and there is sufficient water entering the boiler from the mains

Any ideas or experiences similar would be good.

Sponsored Links
Back RHS well hidden away is a flow rate adjustment screw. Its not easy to get to but is on the main diaphragm housing. That is where I'd start. Can't recall if there is a filter in cold feed, but there probably is one somewhere in the main diaphragm housing. The old secondary heat exch may be blocked. Bit of an oldun.

your right these boilers do have a inlet filter, this has been cleared and had a small amount of muck in, but not enough to have stopped the flow.

They do also have a flow rate adjustment,. Do you think that this could make a big difference, if it is opened up fully,

As you said there may also be a chance of something blocking the H/w side of the calorifier

The only way to find out is to a bit of further dismantling.Try the flow adjusting screw first.

Sponsored Links
Did this problem happen suddenly or gradually?

After doing the basic things like inlet filter and flow adjustment, I would disconnect the boiler outlet pipe to ensure the problem is really inside the boiler.

If so then there are many possibilities but I would first suspect it might be around the diverter valve.

In general flow problems have to be dealt with by investigating at halfway points gradually getting smaller until the problem is found.

This is DP's favourite boiler and he may have some further suggestions.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back