Vokera 20/80 R.S. Flowmatic - water pressure question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have a combi-boiler, a Vokera 20/80 R.S. Flowmatic.

The boiler is in good general order, but just recently I have noticed that the pressure has fallen from the required 1.5 bar to about 0.5 bar. This is resulting in the radiators further away in the house being quite cold, while the ones near the boiler have kept their heat.

I note that there are 4 taps beneath the boiler: central heating return valve, central heating flow valve, domestic hot water outlet, and domestic cold water inlet stop cock.

Will opening one of these taps for a while top-up the water in the system and restore pressure? Which one do I open, and for how long?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Sponsored Links
No these are isolating valves.

You need to look for a metal braided hose that links 2 of the pipes together. The filling loop.

This is usually underneath the boiler or not far from it.

Yes, I've found the filling loop, just below the boiler as you said. Now what should I do?

There should be a valve/tap(s) either end of the hose. You need to open them to increase the pressure.

Watch the guage carefully as you do it and don't let it overfill. i.e past 1.5 bar.

Sponsored Links
Okay, that's it, pressure is now up to 1.5 bar. Thank you for your advice - I appreciate it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back