Vokera Fulcrum arm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, my first post.

Just had my vokera excell 80sp checked out by BG and they have advised me that I need a new 'hot water fulcrum arm' but they cannot source one so have stated that the boiler needs replacing, quoted about £2k.
Does anyone know who would stock this?

he also stated that there are different types based on the boiler serial number. My serial number is 5/0006370.

Much appreciated

:!:

Sponsored Links
Get a local RGI who should be able to source you a new one :cool: BG up to their old tricks, no fixy attitude, so get your wallet out and pulling of the pants down also, even chew on a piece of wood, cause you know it's gonna hurt! Go on the corgi website to find a couple of local RGI's fella...

I got a maintenance contract with BG and they have been good in the past. If I get someone else to fix won't this invalidate my contract?

:?:

Sponsored Links
How many diverter beams do you want? Typical case of drumming up business. Bet your boiler has not been serviced for a while. Do not say it has as boiler cannot be serviced in 15 minutes.

Boiler gets serviced every year as part of the agreement. TBH i usually have to call them out once ayear with a fault as well.

Quote from BG

"Fulcrum arm required , part is obsolete as per vokera and our parts desk"

"New boiler is required to rectify H/W problem"

he also advised on water quality on his previous visit and quoted £250.55 for Magnaclean filter.

It is usual for people on a contract to believe their boiler gets serviced when in fact it only gets safety checked. Has the OP every been present to see what is done to his boiler?

I have yet to encounter an excel that needs to be repaired every year. Norm for Excels I service is 18 months to 2 years when diaphragm can perforate (can I said but not always). Clients start thinking of getting me in for service around this period.

Recently there has been a spate of Excels and Flowmatics that were marked for replacement by plumbers- each and every one serviced and working again

Quote from BG

"Fulcrum arm required , part is obsolete as per vokera and our parts desk"

"New boiler is required to rectify H/W problem"

fulcrum arm 8442 (gc-310354) is still listed as available on SIS for boilers between 5/005355-5/066017

i usually find its the disc thats worn anyway. its also still listed as available....8441 (gc-301355)

the only exception to this would be if he has ordered the part and then been told its obsolete by the parts desk. or he has phoned to check availability, cant imagine he would have as its listed as available. SIS isnt always up to date as its only updated every three months.

get them back to query it.

Sound like the usual BG BS. I have heard similar stories time and time again. Any boiler over 8 years old and it seems all they want is to replace it. I used to have an 80sp and the spares are very much alive and well. The fulcrum arm as already mentioned is part no 8442. And is less than £5. I used to get my spares from http://www.mjtcontrols.co.uk Just do a search under manufacturers part no. Also found this one Though as already said, I can't imagine what has gone with it. Far more likely to be the DHW diaphragm or a stiff diverter valve. These were common on my old one. Get a second opinion.

I wonder if, to be helpful, he offered to get someone to come and quote you for a new boiler?

( He can get a commission payment for an appointment ).

Tony

Most helpful info.

I have contacted them to see where they are with my repair!!! aand stated that the parts are still available.... I'll wait and see their response and get back to you.

Great advice, thanks a lot

aand stated that the parts are still available....

the part may well be obsolete and BG have none left. whatever anyone else has on the shelf may be all there is. there are quite a lot of early vokera spares now becoming obsolete. i cant imagine something like the fulcrum arm being top of vokeras restocking list, its exactly the type of part that stops being made long before other more useful parts do.

i forgot to phone today and ask the partsdesk for availability for you.

if it is available and the eng was taking the pis s please remember to make a complaint to the area TSM. this sort of thing needs to be stamped out.

Little point making complaints any more.

Everything is so big that mobile phone companies, water suppliers and BG can just bignore you or pretend something.

I made a complaint about poor bus service and got a list of the services said to have run. All I can say is that I drove along the bus route to see where the two "missing" buses had been hidden and did not find them.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back