Vokera LCD / Time Clock / Segments..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I just had a new Vokera Vision C installed, and wonder if anyone knows what the LCD readout is supposed to do. I've emailed Vokera themselves, but don't know when/if they'll reply. I've also read the manual.

The large segments are lined up with the "hour" number.

The manual suggests the small segments represent half past the hour, and large segments represent the first half of the hour.

I read that to mean, e.g. 09:05 is a large segment, and 09:35 is a small segment.

Mine is flashing the small segment in the first half of the hour, on entering programming mode, the first time which appears is 00:00 with the first small segment flashing. So programming it with 08:30 on-time and the large segment above 09:00 is the one flashing. This doesn't seem right to me, but it might be meant to be like that.

I wish the manual had an example LCD readout that showed a time and the segments, which would prove this one way or the other - the manual has the segments and times shown independently, or on a fully set LCD with every segment showing.

Is it working properly and I am reading the manual incorrectly?

Thanks for reading!

Sponsored Links
Dont really understand what you mean exactly.

Ive never seen this clock before but just had a look at the booklet online.
Is it that youre not sure how to set the on/off programmed times?

If so I believe its done like so: eg, you want heating on 6-8am, 6-8pm

when you get onto the part that is flashing 00:00 you keep pressing the down arrow button all the way until it gets to 06:00, you would then press the up arrow button until it gets to 08:00.

then press the down arrow again until you get to 18:00, then up arrow until 20:00

you would then press the down arrow until you get back to midnight again.

If its like other digital clocks then I assume the times on the display will show the segments highlighted for the on times and blank for the off times.

As I mentioned, not sure if that was what you were asking though.

Your installer should have really explained the operation of the controls to you.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The installer did explain how to program it, that's not the issue here.

What I think is happening, is that the "Segments" and the digital timer, are out of sync by 30min.

There are large segments, and wee ones. The large segments are next to the numbers, e.g. large segment at 9, large segment at 10 and a wee one in between.

When you're in programming mode, there's a digital clock, and a flashing corresponding segment. When the digi clock says 09:30, the 10:00 large segment is flashing. When the digi clock says 09:00 the 09:30 wee segment is flashing.

The segments also flash to show the current time slot: so if it's 09:00, then the wee segment between 9 and 10 is flashing, and if it's 09:35 or something, the big segment next to the 10 is flashing.

This seems wrong, and my interpretation of the manual also suggests it's wrong - I was hoping someone that knew these Vokera digi clocks would be able to say one way or the other.

Again, have emailed Vokera, so will wait to see what they say about it!

Many thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back