Vokera Linea 24 no CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Unfortunately I am no expert on Boilers, there just not my thing.
However I have a Vokera Linea 24 Combi Boiler, which for a while was making some strange noises. For three weeks the boiler was making a noise similar to that of the dial spinning for setting the time, it actually sounded like this was turning quicker than it does normally, and happenend whenever the boiler was, the fault was intermitant and eventually stopped.

However now I have no CH what so ever, I still have DHW though. When the boiler is switched to CH and DHW it does nothing other than click for a few seconds, until the hot tap is turned on then it fires up to provide HW.

The boiler had at some point also developed a small leak from around the pump, again this seemed to stop after a day or two.

There is a setting on the boiler which I believe is for testing the system, when the switch for switching between DHW and CH & DHW is turned anti clockwise the display shows CO at this point the boiler kicks in fine, the CH works but for only a few minutes until it cuts out as a result of the pressure rising quickly to the uppermost limit.

Does anybody have any ideas, I have had a plumber/engineer out to the boiler who took one look at it and said he couldn't help because of the make.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

Dillon

Sponsored Links
This is a perfectly normal boiler which any competent heating engineer should be able to repair.

There is too little information for me to come to any conclusion but my first suspect would be that the hot water demand switch is jammed on.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back