Vokera Linea 24 pressure dropping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pressure gauge on my Linea 24 combi is losing pressure over period of a few days. (From 1.5 to 0.2bar)

There are no signs of leaks and the Safety valve discharge line is bone dry.

I have taken the covers off boiler and inside the combustion chamber at the rear the side insulation panel is a rusty colour and has perished (almost like a brittle scale), its not what i would call excessive only at the back of the insulation panel on the left side. However there are no signs of water when i felt around this area on the PHE so not sure if this is a sign of the water boiling off inside the chamber or if the boiler flame itself has caused this condition. The front of the insulation panel is like new as is the right hand panel so its not obvious to me if the PHE is leaking. I have left the boiler off for a few hours and the pressure seems to be holding ok. So it seems when cold and not circulating i do not lose pressure, its only once its fired up and circulating.

For the past year i have had to top up every couple of months but the problem has got worse wher im now doing it daily.

Any assitance would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Chapo 63

Sponsored Links
Thanks,

but the return valve lever is snapped so not easy way to isolate boiler.

I have take a picture but not sure if you can upload onto this site.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for your help twgas. Cannot understand why it felt dry after boiler turned off for a couple of hours. Could it just leak when boiler is firing up. ???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back