Vokera Linea 28 hot water issues and presure drop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a Vokera Linea 28 giving me greif for the last couple of months, not sure if anyone can help! A little while ago i had a problem with water going into the rads while running hot tap, i put a new service kit on it, and now that is sorted! Then i had a a leaking safety valve, put a new one on, and it still loosing water presure! Not sure what is going on there! lastly i have water going hot and cold all the time, more cold than hot! Any ideas please???

I see some people here are talking about cleaning/changing the heat exchanger or thermistor!!! What do you think? Or what do you know?
PLEASE HELP!!!!

Sponsored Links
H i Sloppytom,

No the presure seems to be normal, but it does drop after a day or so! By the way i just checked the boiler hot water function, and i have noticed that as soon as the tempreture on the facia unit reaches 47c the boiler cuts out and the temp drops down to 27c and it fires up again! And it just keeps doing that, so you can imagine why we have cold showers all the time. Any ideas?

Thanks

The main hex on linea's can leak, check the insulation panels if there's any damp marks on them suspect the ain hex for your pressure loss, as for your hot water problem it sounds like either the plate hex or the non return valve at the plate hex could be choked=-)

Sponsored Links
Hi biscuite77,

Thsnka for the reply! Where or how do i alocate all the items you refering to please?

Thanks

The main hex is inside the combustion chamber,remove the panel on the from it has about 6 screws securing it, look at the insulation panels if there is any damp stains on it or if the main hex has any green staining then the main hex will need changed, as for the non return valve its on the primary flow in to the plate hex, these two will be the most Probable cause off your h/water probs.

Hi All,

I have a Vokera Linea 28 giving me greif for the last couple of months, not sure if anyone can help! A little while ago i had a problem with water going into the rads while running hot tap, i put a new service kit on it, and now that is sorted! Then i had a a leaking safety valve, put a new one on, and it still loosing water presure! Not sure what is going on there! lastly i have water going hot and cold all the time, more cold than hot! Any ideas please???

I see some people here are talking about cleaning/changing the heat exchanger or thermistor!!! What do you think? Or what do you know?
PLEASE HELP!!!!

When was it last serviced? Get it service by a gas safe engineer who will look in chamber and give it a good overhaul.

Dan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back