Vokera Linea24 error code 04

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Could anyone help me here? don't know much about boilers and am struggling with this above.

received error code 04 a while ago now and noticed a drop in my pressure. I carried out the required steps with the filling loop and restored my pressure ok. Yesterday, I received this error message again so I carried out the following steps
turn control to "off/reset", use handle to fill loop and restore pressure back to 1bar, then turn control back to "hot water" position and hey presto.......so I thought.

The error message is still flashing 04 but the pressure gauge says 1bar ? On closer inspection, it appears the pilot light is not lit? I have read the instruction manual and tried to follow this but it keeps saying things like refer to 6.3.2 then when I look at that reference, it says refer to 3.2.2 and it's driving me a bit mad???

Does anyone know how to reignite the pilot light? is it an electrical fault (have checked internal fuses) is it a Gas problem?
Aaaaaaaaaaagh help :(

thank you

Sponsored Links
Does anyone know how to reignite the pilot light

It has no pilot light.

The fault sounds like a problem with the low pressure switch.

Sometimes cleaning it out sorts the problem

would this explain why the error code is still flashing even though the control switch is in the "off/reset" position? I have noticed that the bolier will not reset?? the last time I did this, I turned the knob into the off/reset position and the error lights went out and then I got a green light once the pressure was restored. Many thanks

Your boiler does not have a pilot light !!! It lights the gas when it needs to !

You did not say what F4 relates too and I cannot remember but think its water pressure or flow.

It sounds as if yuo allowed the pressure to fall to zero.

The pressure should be set to 1.5 Bar. Do that and then turn to knob to the reset position and see what that does.

You may have got air into the boiler and that may need several attempts to start it to get the are cleared.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Make sure the automatic air vent cap is left OPEN. Looks like a car tyre valve. Manual should be online to find it, though most of them are by the pump.

babbajam said:
would this explain why the error code is still flashing even though the control switch is in the "off/reset" position? I have noticed that the bolier will not reset?? the last time I did this, I turned the knob into the off/reset position and the error lights went out and then I got a green light once the pressure was restored. Many thanks

AHHH... the reason that it won't reset is because the mode selector knob will have snapped inside.

A new one will be required before you can reset the boiler.

Well done Mr Scatmanjohn

you were correct, the knob had snapped off, just removed the back cover and pushed it through, now operates with a small screwdriver, can't be bothered with a new knob, cos I have since found out that they are very prone to snapping.

Many thanks for all your help especially scatmanjohn
Ski-Ba-Bop-Ba-Da-Bop
the man's a genius!!

The new ones don't snap but both pcb's have to be removed to fit it with many connection involved so you may well be better off as you are. The temperature control knobs break also, both are regular stock items at spares stockists.

However another problem might be lurking, if you are very lucky it was simply low pressure and no further repercussions.... if it were one we had gone to it would now work fine then two days later the phone would ring, back we would go and out of the blue a new fault nothing to do with the previous one would have raised it's uggly head. Gas valve for instance.

Hi it's me again
Moving on from my problem with the broken knobs & error code 04, my water pressure has fallen a lot and I have to keep using the FILL loop system regularly now, the pressure falls rapidly and I seem restore the pressure twice a day now, does anyone know why this could be?
cheers

Hi

I take it this stands for Pressure Release Valve? What do I need to do? Replace it? Turn it a quarter of a turn?? Where is it located? Please advise

babbajam said:
Hi

I take it this stands for Pressure Release Valve?
Yes
babbajam said:
What do I need to do? Replace it?
Probably... If you cant clean it out
babbajam said:
Turn it a quarter of a turn??
Flicking the knob around a few times :oops: might re-seal it if you are lucky
babbajam said:
Where is it located?
Inside your boiler. Sometimes you can get to it from underneath. It usually has a red knob :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

In your boiler the prv has a red head with a little black plastic lever on it.
(bottom left hand side just under the diverter valve motor)

They are the worst prv and once water has passed through them they NEVER reseal.

You will have to replace it.

Check the expansion vessel as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back