Vokera Mynute SE 28/96 - possible pressure vessel problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. My boiler has an intermittent problem. Sometimes it will not start and when it does it sometimes switches itself off after a couple of hours. When the problem arises the boiler will hum but the pump and the fan will not kick in. The boiler is also losing pressure and the pressure rises significantly when running. However the boiler will cut out/not start even when the pressure is above 1 bar. From reading previous posts it appears that this may be a pressure vessel problem. If so would this account for the boiler not working when the pressure is sufficient. I have checked for leaks and all pipes appear to be dry. The problem is occuring on a daily basis but I cannot get anyone to come and look until well after christmas. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Inexplicable intermittent fault with pump not coming on with heating demand could be faulty pressure sensor, or indeed not enough pressure (gauge might be inaccurate) or pcb.
Expansion vessel needs to be charged or replaced and leak sorted out before anything else though.
Search forum how to recharge expansion vessel.
Check that prv is not leaking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back