Vokera - noisy flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The flue on my Vokera boiler is making a strange humming noise. The boiler still works, the water is hot and the heating still comes on. Pressure is between 1 and 1.5. Does anybody have any ideas what could be causing it

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It is usually due to lack of service (unless fan bearings are shot). Dust is deposited on the impelers which ultimately causes an imbalance. So impeller 'knocks' when running.

The boiler still works, the water is hot and the heating still comes on. Pressure is between 1 and 1.5. Does anybody have any ideas what could be causing it

DP said:
It is usually due to lack of service (unless fan bearings are shot). Dust is deposited on the impelers which ultimately causes an imbalance. So impeller 'knocks' when running.

It would have to be pretty far gone for this to be the problem

Users dont notice any problems with boilers or even their cars until they are pretty far gone!

Sponsored Links
Users dont notice any problems with boilers or even their cars until they are pretty far gone!

whilst this may be true, you would need a wasps nest to create such an imbalance

I would associate a buzzing with a collapsed bearing

raden said:

whilst this may be true, you would need a wasps nest to create such an imbalance

I would associate a buzzing with a collapsed bearing

Isn't that what DP said in the first place

It is usually due to lack of service (unless fan bearings are shot).

:rolleyes:

raden, I have been to boilers that failed to work on windy days. Why did the boiler not work when wind velocity was high? Because the impellers were heavy with dust. Very often these fans were very noisy until the blades were cleaned/ washed.

Perhaps you have not encountered such a fan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back