vokera option, no central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can anybody help. i have a vokera option combi boiler that is over 6 years old. probably quite a few years older. the hot water is fine and fires up however the central heating wont work. it trys to fire up and does but shuts off after about 6 sec. it will continuously keeps trying but fails. ive fiddled about with the thermistor and it trys again to fire up but still no good. i can hear a noise build up for the few seconds after the burner has lit up but then it konks out. ????

Sponsored Links
Well I think that it has a fault!

But exactly what would require me to see how it works and do tests on it. If the flame burns for six seconds it may be a lack of flow.

Are the rads and the isolating valves all open?

Tony

It could be flow (circulation) problem even though the HW is ok.

Sponsored Links
any chance that the boiler could actually be alright and its just blocked with sludge. bleed the rads again and some of the water is dirty. however is that just because its not circulating. the first rad is sort of warm. water obviously only pumping round for them few seconds each time. the water from the pump seemed quite dirty as well. i still have no fault light.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back