vokera syntersi combi problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can any body advise
i have a problem with a vokera combi syntersi boiler can only get rads upstairs working but not downstairs or visa versa boiler is about 3 years old thought it was sludge so replaced all pipie work and rads same prob.pump is running ok hot water flow is very poor with hardly any pressure nothing coming out of condensing pipe boiler reaches temp very quickly.not a air lock tryed every cons thing even changed rads and pipework still same please can any body help

regards sean

Sponsored Links
hi sean u tried flushing the heating system?
sounds like your boilers sludged,
poor HW flow rate can be repaired, theres a restrictor on the end of the pipe going from the hw flow switch into the heat plate, throw that away and you'll get a better flow rate to check the boilers operation

Ray

Have you looked at the pump impeller for blockages and done a finger test?

Tony

poor HW flow rate can be repaired, theres a restrictor on the end of the pipe going from the hw flow switch into the heat plate, throw that away and you'll get a better flow rate to check the boilers operation

Function of this restrictor is to deliver precise water flow that is matched to main heat exchanger rateing for delivery of hot water that is 35 degrees higher than incoming cold water. Lose the restrictor now hot water delivery becomes fun and games as tap is 'adjusted' to get desired hot water.

Sponsored Links

Function of this restrictor is to deliver precise water flow that is matched to main heat exchanger rateing for delivery of hot water that is 35 degrees higher than incoming cold water. Lose the restrictor now hot water delivery becomes fun and games as tap is 'adjusted' to get desired hot water.

if i had a nackered restrictor not giving me correct HW id sooner get rid of it to see if it repaired the problem than sit with a pathetic flow rate which could be set and adjusted from 3 way valve til its changed without messing about with taps

Ray, would it not be easier to replace the O ring (which swells up- not stuck once so far) instead of allowing unrestricted flow through the HWHE or setting the three way valve which the enduser may alter the setting of?

By the way, hope my post has not upset you (after all this is a discussion forum for debating of ideas). Not for a moment suggesting you are wrong and I am right, just mulling over what is being said. Needless to say, I have taken on board many suggestions posted on this board and at CC even by newbies- some bright ideas and some I would not touch with a bargepole.

hi sean u tried flushing the heating system?
sounds like your boilers sludged,

Ray
I agree totally.
The heatex's and pipework in the boiler need chemically cleansed.

Abac, might be an idea to check or get someone to check the diverter valve and motor.

Diverter stuck in HW mode during CH will give poor primary water delivery to radiators and also exhibit rapid temperature rise when boiler run in CH mode.

Ray, would it not be easier to replace the O ring (which swells up- not stuck once so far) instead of allowing unrestricted flow through the HWHE or setting the three way valve which the enduser may alter the setting of?

By the way, hope my post has not upset you (after all this is a discussion forum for debating of ideas). Not for a moment suggesting you are wrong and I am right, just mulling over what is being said. Needless to say, I have taken on board many suggestions posted on this board and at CC even by newbies- some bright ideas and some I would not touch with a bargepole.

yeah would be DP but if i wasnt familiar with my boiler or what sized o ring was needed (if it is that and isnt just choked up)
id remove it all together and see how my boiler performed as it looks like there will be a bigger fault with the boiler than a swelled up oring

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back