Vokera Syntesi Boiler. Keeps shutting down, error code 08

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Resetting the boiler always fixes the problem but it is happening more and more frequently. The manual does not describe the nature of error code 08 so I am looking for advice on how best to go about remedying the problem.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I can't find any info on the syntesi, but other vokera boilers list the 08 fault as the 'burner thermostat operating'

You will need a RGI in to check gas pressures, burner pressures and the stat its self, that is assuming they have run th fault codes in common throughtout the product range.

EDIT; I take it there is water in the boiler?

syntesi is a linea 7 series with a recuperator attached.

those burner stats are a menace.

i replaced 3 on the same boiler before it finally sorted it. 12 months later and it was the same story all over again :mad:

Sponsored Links
We've turned down the temperature of the central heating and it hasn't happened since. Are we safe leaving it at that (assuming it doesn't start failing again) or is it unsafe to assume all is well?

Thanks for the answers so far...

its not doing any harm, if its working for you then leave it. if not replace the stat.

Hi I am also having problems with my vokera syntesi 35 locking out code 08 every 20 mins. Ive had thermistor changed on it but problem still there. Also now pressure has dropped. Gas man said he will change pressure valve and it may work but no guarantee. Hes using process of elimination method but thats costing me money. Please anyone out there advise?????????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back