vokera unica 36 he boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a vokera boiler for just over 2 years. Had 4 call outs from engineers, for various reasons in that time, but the latest isn't covered as now out of warranty.
I have a pool of water forming just below the plastic condensate syphon box. It leaks down through the boiler and causes it to cut out with code 10. I've emptied once and checked around, but now full again and seems to be overflowing. It should release excess liquid without overflowing. I can't see if the leak is coming from the syphon or up above behind the heat exchanger and dripping down. Any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
Getting an engineer who can repair boilers, is very hit or miss affair.

Some think they are good but excellence is in bulls*ite only

Others will systametically check the boiler to come to a conclusion to then endevour to fix the defect

A lot of defects are cause of poor instals and lack of proper service.

The syphon should empty when it reaches a certain level. Might be worth checking if the syphon is clear (no sediment) Also check if the condensate pipe is clear (not blocked). You may want to uncouple condensing pipe that connects to condensate waste pipe to see if water flows out.

Yes it does sound as if the condensate drain is blocked.

You should try to find a way to pour a good sized jug of water slowly down the condensate drain to make sure that its free flowing.

Tony

check the flue is installed correctly. ive had a couple that looked like condensate leaks that were actually water ingress through the flue.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the replies. There are 3 pipes coming in to the top of the condensate syphon, 2 grey and one clear. Any guidance on what each of these do ? Also, should the syphon be normally empty or full ? I emptied yesterday and it is full again today.

the two grey ones are for condensate from the H/E. im not sure why there are two. the clear one is from the auto air vent and can be ignored if it is not leaking constantly.

the syphon should appear full but it is constantly putting condensate down the waste pipe.

thanks nickso. I've investigated further and found the cause of the leak. It's not the condensate syphon but the silver pipe that travels above the syphon. This appears to go all the way up to the top right of the boiler. Out of this comes the clear condensate pipe. However where the silver pipe crosses over the condensate syphon it appears to have a soft black padded cover with 2 clips at either end. This is leaking and dripping onto the syphon! Is this a fix from a previous job with a leaking pipe inside or is it meant to be like this ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back