Vokera We have Heating but no HOT water ?!?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We are able to put the central heating on and the radiators heat up & indeed when the heating has been on for at least 15 minutes the hot water tap does dispense warm to hot water (not its usual temperature.)
However if the heating is NOT ON we get freezing cold water. The boiler doesn't do anything in reaction to the hot water tap being turned on. it doesnt do its usual click and fire up. Can anyone tell us what may need changing ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Underwear. You haven't washed!

If we knew what boiler...

Sponsored Links
i was right its the diaphragm :D ....send the prize in the post

Would anyone like to point out where the diaphram is and how I go about replacing this part, ie where is it and what do i ask for at plumb centre?

Thanks again

According to my memory the pump is well to the right and the lump of brass is behind the lever arm pretty much towards the left!

Its a common fault on your model caused, according to D. Panesar, by the diverter valve getting too hot from the circulating water behind it.

Before replacing check the the pin gland is not leaking as that may need to be replaced as well.

Vokera have a very useful kit of replacement parts for about £22 which includes the gland and all the seals you would ever be likely to need ( including that aweful figure of eight one for the back.

Tony

Agile said:
According to my memory the pump is well to the right and the lump of brass is behind the lever arm pretty much towards the left!

Its a common fault on your model caused, according to D. Panesar, by the diverter valve getting too hot from the circulating water behind it.

Before replacing check the the pin gland is not leaking as that may need to be replaced as well.

Vokera have a very useful kit of replacement parts for about £22 which includes the gland and all the seals you would ever be likely to need ( including that aweful figure of eight one for the back.

Tony

your memory is wrong

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back