Voltage tester.. What one please?

atm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps..

Am in the market for the above..

problem is there are alot out there at the moment.. fluke this, di log that.. voltage only. or plus continuity in one..

help please would be most appreciated.

:mad:

Sponsored Links
What do you want it for?

Are you trade or DIY?

What is your budget?

What other test equipment do you already own?

trade
di-log 9083p

need it for tool bag.. small and effective for everyday checking stuff.

Sponsored Links
Beware though, the ones in the link will trip a 30mA RCD when testing voltage between live and earth.

This is more annoying than you could even begin to comprehend....

Personally I use Fluke T5-1000 and Martindale voltage indicators (GS38 compliant)

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
What are you wanting to use it for? You gave the model of a multifunction tester before, the ebay item is a voltage tester and doesn't look to me to be GS-38 compliant.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
have not been doing this long.. first week in fact so very very wet behind the ears..

my boss is not very helpful.. i am trying to put in time on tools before i have forgotten what i have learnt in the classroom.. he keeps saying i should buy this and buy that and i not sure if i am coming or going.... heeeelllppp please..

only have my neon driver for testing isolation so need to invest in something a litte more reliable... would need the volt/continuity tester combined? or shall i just use http://www.dilog.co.uk/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=43&Itemid=50 that i have already.. sorry and really hope you can help.. thanks

If you have passed the ECA site safety test then answer is obvious:cool:

have not been doing this long.. first week in fact so very very wet behind the ears..

my boss is not very helpful.. i am trying to put in time on tools before i have forgotten what i have learnt in the classroom.. he keeps saying i should buy this and buy that and i not sure if i am coming or going.... heeeelllppp please..

only have my neon driver for testing isolation so need to invest in something a litte more reliable... would need the volt/continuity tester combined? or shall i just use http://www.dilog.co.uk/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=43&Itemid=50 that i have already.. sorry and really hope you can help.. thanks
if your in your first week,you wont be needing the meter in your link.
get the fluke t5 1000 RF showed you.this is a superb tester that wont break the bank.can be found in many,many sparks toolboxes(including my own)

dont try and save money on something you have to trust your life with

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back