Vortice MHC shower fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new Vortice MHC shower fan for three wires one yellow ( timer) one blue and one red. The fan has been fitted and it comes on via the light switch and the isolator on but for some reason the timer does not work, it will not stop when the light switch is turned off, I have had to turn it off at the isolator switch. Shall I just disconnect the yellow wire and hope that the fan turns off when the light switch is turned off ?

Can someone help

:(

Sponsored Links
winterstoke said:
I have a new Vortice MHC shower fan for three wires one yellow ( timer) one blue and one red. The fan has been fitted and it comes on via the light switch and the isolator on but for some reason the timer does not work, it will not stop when the light switch is turned off, I have had to turn it off at the isolator switch. Shall I just disconnect the yellow wire and hope that the fan turns off when the light switch is turned off ?

Can someone help

:(

have you got the sw.live and live the right way round? have you tried adjusting the timer?

it may also be wired wrong in the first place.

if it is wired across the existing light, the timer will never work, it needs to go across the supply, with the timer wire going to the light's switched live

On the fan is a connection, top one said timer next one or middle one said N and the third bottom one said L. I have the red on L the blue on N and the yellow on Timer. On the other side of the same connection are the wires that were already connected in the fan unit red at the top,blue in the middle and brown wire in the bottom

So what is wrong?

Sponsored Links
winterstoke said:
On the fan is a connection, top one said timer next one or middle one said N and the third bottom one said L. I have the red on L the blue on N and the yellow on Timer. On the other side of the same connection are the wires that were already connected in the fan unit red at the top,blue in the middle and brown wire in the bottom

So what is wrong?

dunno. people dont always stick to colours. red might be neutral, yellow might be perm.live and blue might be switched. have a look at the other end of the cable to establish what colour does what, and then make sure the fan end is wired correct. and have you tried adjusting the timer or just ignore my comments?

Can you test the wires with a multimeter set to volts AC range the voltage between blue and red, and the voltage between blue and yellow with the light turned on and with the light turned off?

No andrew2022 I am not ignoring your comments, I cannot find the screw to adjust the timer can you help?

I will try and switch over the wires to see if that helps?

No - find out what's at the other end of the cable - don't just go blindly swapping wires around.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back