w/m bouncing/vibrating on laminated floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got a new w/m and it was fine i have since got a laminated floor and now my w/m bounces and moves when it spins. i'm having to level it every two or three washes and it's getting to be a pain now.

Has anyone any ideas that might help?

Sponsored Links
Did you leave an expansion gap around the laminate floor? If not it WILL buckle.

If they moved the machine during instalation of the floor they may have dislodged the drum damping springs, take the top of the machine off & check to see if there are 2 springs attached to the drum module & the frame of the machine. What was the surface that they put the laminate floor on & what type of underlay did they use

Sponsored Links
It's a new washer will opening it lose me my warranty?

They laid the floor on a thin layer of foam stuff.

I have put thin a door mat with a rubber backing under the front feet of the washer and it has helped but wether it will be a permanant solution or not - i don't know.

:confused:

Were the shipping bolts/brackets removed during insataltion? If it was installed by the delivery crew then call out the manufacturers engineer, it is a common problem which as long as your floor is level will be covered by the warranty.

Laminate is totally unsuitable for kitchen use will be destroyed by any leak or spillage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back