Wall cupboards over cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope this is the right forum - I've searched various others in vain.

The question - my daughter has just rented an unfurnished house and there is a space in the kitchen where a 500mm gas cooker was removed. She's going to replace it but there is a wall cupboard (part of a run of them) above the space, the bottom of which is about 750mm above the worktop. Is this legal/ acceptable/sensible?

TIA

Sponsored Links
That's what we have.

There's a hob in the worktop. Oven underneath. There is also a filter/exhaust type hood that we don't use, about 750mm above the worktop, then the cupboard which we don't use for anything 'cause it's a PITA to use.

Not sure if it's legal/acceptable/sensible- but i know our friends have this type of setup too. Can't be anything wrong with it other than the need to clean it more regularly.

There is a minium height that a cabinett can be placed above a hob. Not sure what it is but no doubt it will be posted.

Sponsored Links
Depends upon what you are putting under it. My Gas Hob required 700mm. The extractor I fitted required a distance of 700 when above gas, 650 when above Electric and 600 when above ceramic.

Just make sure you check the requirements of the replacement before you part with your cash!.

Merv

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back