Wall Heater on 13A Plug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - have a 1kw (might be less) wall mounted heater that's using a 13A plug. Is this acceptable according to the regulations? Or should it be on an FCU.

P.S. we are selling - so looking for things that might get picked up.

Attachments

• IMG_20230309_134534064.jpg
    IMG_20230309_134534064.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Don't know but I have the same, in my book a plug is a safer means of isolation than an fcu. Over to the experts/

Blup

Hi - have a 1kw (might be less) wall mounted heater that's using a 13A plug. Is this acceptable according to the regulations? Or should it be on an FCU. P.S. we are selling - so looking for things that might get picked up.
That really should be no problem. With heaters approaching 3kW the use of a 13A plug/socket gets a bit more iffy (but still not contrary to any regulations) but if its 1kW or less, that should be fine.

Kind Regards, John

Don't know but I have the same, in my book a plug is a safer means of isolation than an fcu. Over to the experts/
A plug/socket is certainly the ultimate in 'isolation', but a switched FCU is not far behind - since one can both remove the fuse and switch off the (invariably DP) switch. Whatever, as I've just written,a 1kW appliance on a plug/socket would seem fine.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
No problem, but as fixed to the wall, it would be nice to see the cable tidied up a bit. Bit of trunking or a few P clips, maybe shorten it slightly, but leave a bit of a loop behind so it can be unclipped from bracket easily enough if need arrises (but not so much that its pressed against body of heater, or that its wound up and grouped). You could go across to corner, down to skirting and back across to socket if you didnt want to cut the flex

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back