Wall hung sink fitting advice / opinons.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Quick one, I have just fitted battens on a very uneven brick bathroom wall, the battens are 38mm thick. I will be screwing plasterboard into these battens which will then be skimmed over.

This wall will have our toilet and sink on, the issue I have is that we are fitting a wall hung basin, this basin is 10kg in weight.

I know that this needs to be fitted with some decent bolts such as the Fischer Basin Fixing Kit etc etc but my problem is the gap I’ll have between the board and the wall (38mm) So I was thinking of fitting the bolts into the brickwork and then using a batten between the wall and board to eliminate the gap!? This allowing me to fully tighten the basin up without the plasterboard bracking and splitting etc!? Will this work or is there a better option, also im not even sure if the Fischer bolts will be long enough to go through the batten, plasterboard and then the basin!?

Please help lol

Thanks a lot

Ian

:D

Sponsored Links
a wall hung basin needs brackets . not just the fisher bolts - they just hold it back to the wall. you need a piece of board behind the plasterboard and large screws through the brackets into that board

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back