wall mounted pull up bar?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All. Im considering buying a wall mounted pull up bar to fix to one of the walls in my kitchen but am unsure if it's safe to do so or if it'll damage the walls.
It's a 1930s brick built house and i'd prefer to fix it to one of the internal walls. Can anyone confirm if this should be okay and if so advise which fixings i should use? are there any checks i can do to test how strong the bricks are etc?

Sponsored Links
ive got spotlights throughout and i can imagine it'd be a pain getting the brackets to line up with the joists so i dont think this is a viable option.

One of the things that I did when I was setting up my home gym was use the stud bar pullup bar. It attaches directly to the studs in your walls, providing it with some extra support. I live in an old house, as well - but I haven't had any problems at all with it.

Sponsored Links
i don't have studs in my walls as they're brick (unless my understanding of studs is confused!)...
i just need/want to know if standard internal brick and render walls are strong enough to support my bodyweight (multiplied due to the swinging force) - if so, what's the best fixing?

at a push i could cut into the plasterboard ceiling to access the joists but im reluctant to do this as it'll be messy and much harder to cover up should i decide to take the thing down in the future

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back