wallpaper curling up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help. Can anyone tell me how to stick down the edges of my washable wallpaper that keep curling up. I am fed up of keeping trying to stick them down but still they unstick and curl up at the edges again. any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You'd probably be better posting this in the Decorating part of the forum.

However, there are a few wallpaper seam adhesives about that should do the trick. Pop into your local DIY store and they should keep you right.

Good luck :D

you can get a tube of vinyl border and repair paste from any hardware/diystore. With a damp sponge dampen the edges leave for a minute then, apply paste, leave this soak for a short time ( minute or so )but dont let it dry out, then springiness in paper should have gone and paper should lay flat and stay down.......In theory.. anyway... :LOL:

Good luck

Sponsored Links
What type of paper is it ? What type of paint was on the walls you papered or was it bare plaster ? When did you hang wallcovering ?

If you have any PVA lying around use that to stick the edges, thats more or less whats in Border adhesive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back