Wallpaper over damp/wet filler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all :)

First time DIY redecorating and so far so good - patched up my plaster, sanded the walls to a (sufficiently) smooth finish and I'm about to hang lining paper on which I'm going to paint. However, I just noticed a crack (about 4in long) + small gap at the join of my PVC windowsill and the wall which I have filled using acrylic gap filler. I am going on holiday very soon though so I really can't afford to delay hanging the paper much past this afternoon. My question is: can I hang the lining paper even though the filler is still drying or will this cause the paper to fail later on?

Sponsored Links
Na! Go for it :D

As long as the filler is water based and it is just a small area I wouldn't worry, not ideal but I doubt you will suffer any serious problems. ;)

Phew! The area is small and I believe the filler is water based (all acrylic fillers are, right?), and it's already skinned over as we speak. It's also in a corner so if the wallpaper did peel I'd trim it and just repaint that bit :)

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back