Wallpapering tips please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm wallpapering for the first time and it's not easy! None of the walls are flat or true in any direction - the joys of having a Victorian house...

Anyway, I'm working around the chimney breast (from left to right) and probably should have planned it better. The problem I've got now is that I've got about a centimetre of front wall left (to the far right of the chimney breast) and the right return to wallpaper... and I will need to pattern-match. Does anyone have any tips for making sure the wallpaper will stick down the 1 cm bit before I wrap it round the right return? The corner isn't sharp and although I've said 1 cm it does vary!

Thanks
Jayney

Sponsored Links
Get a tube/tub of overlap / border adhesive that will make sure the paper stays down once its turned the corner.

Get a tube/tub of overlap / border adhesive that will make sure the paper stays down once its turned the corner.

Thanks, Bosswhite...
Would I get it in position first just with paste and then peel back the 1cm bit and put the overlap/border adhesive behind it? Is there any room for manoeuvre once this has been added? If it gets on the front of the paper will it wipe off or show?
Thanks for your help - this is my baby's nursery and the paper is very special and discontinued so it can't go wrong!

Sponsored Links
You should be OK just using wallpaper adheshive but if the edges are bit obstinate use a little overlap adhesive, the tubs normally come with a little brush

wipe off excess paste at edges with a damp sponge, make sure that this does not damage the colour or pattern of the paper at the edges

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back