Walls!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning everyone,

My girlfriend and I have just got this repossessed flat and have had it rewired.

The walls are now covered in chases (that have been roughly filled) and gouges from the scraper I used to remove the wallpaper and old Artex that was previously there.

We are unsure about how to best prepare the walls for decorating...

There's the Nuclear option of getting the place reskimmed but that is probably too expensive for us at the moment...

However, our labor is cheap (we're both taking a holiday next week to work on the flat) so I thought we could hire an orbital sander (have used one when I resprayed an old car a few years ago) and simply fill and sand the walls... the other option we were considering is lining paper...

Any advice or other ideas?

Sponsored Links
It would be difficult to point you in the right direction regarding prep without being able to view the walls, so a pic would prove useful. However if you can by filling/ sanding get the walls ready to accept lining paper then that may be the better option.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back