want a new combi system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello there everybody

I currently have 2 seperate boilers for my hot water and heating, these are verryyyyyyy old! the heating one is a floor standing iron cast which was in use since the house was built i believe! and the hot water boiler is on the wall in the kitchen which is on 24 hours day.

I want to get rid of these and bring in a brand new combi system, was wondering if anyone could advise me on which one to get?

i live in a 3 bedroom house with 13 radiators, 1 bath room, 1 toilet, upstaris and downstairs a shower room and toilet, no electric showers.

for the upstairs toilet and bath there is a large water tank in the loft, not sure if this also supplies the downstairs shower room.

there is also a smaller tank in the loft for the central heating.

i think i live in a high water pressure area not too sure.

if someone could advise which boiler i should go for?

Sponsored Links
If you have more showers than baths then I would go for a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 831.

If you love your baths and occasional showers then the Ecotec Plus 837 would give a better flow.

the shower is hardly used these days as theres a lot of junk stored there.

but the bath is used everyday lol

just found out that the water pressure is medium

my dad wants to get a vaillaint 937, not really necesarry for our situation is it?

do u think the rads should be replaced as they are all quite old? or will the powerflush be enough?

The 937 will give even more hot water than the 837, it is an 837 with two buffer tanks fitted behind it.

Yes it will fill the bath about 30% quicker, but I never had any complaints about bath filling from an 831 let alone the 837.

Its up to you whether to change the rads. New ones would be sized slightly larger to allow the same heat to the rooms with a lower flow temperature from the boiler to help it keep condensing longer.

Power flushing may reveal leaks in the old rads or pipe work.

Sponsored Links
cheers dave, some nice info there.

if i got anymore questions i might repost in this thread if thats ok

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back