Want to unscrew two screws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

This is under the sink in my kitchen.
I want to unscrew two screws, but feel it is quite difficult!
Do I need bigger forces or anything I did wrong?
Thanks a lot for your advice!

Attachments

• Undersink.jpg
    Undersink.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 198
Sponsored Links
I might be wrong, but they look like 1/4 turn buckle screws to me. That means you just turn them a 1/4 turn & they release from the holders.

Thank you.
As what you can see, those are quite new screws. I used a quite new screw driver and tried my best but cannot even turn them a little bit!!
And, using my hand I cannot feel anything in the back of the board!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
As said, they should undo about a quarter turn but not come out......its the front and back panel of the cabinet that will be released.
John :)

they hold that panel to the sides
they do not allow access behind or allow you to remove
in other words they hold the cabinet together along with dowels and glue
they have no connection to the the wall or other cabinets and will not aid removing the cabinet just dissmanteling the removed cabinet

Thans for all answers!
That is under the sink in my kitchen, I don't think that is a secret place. Why they do not allow me to open that ??

Thans for all answers!
That is under the sink in my kitchen, I don't think that is a secret place. Why they do not allow me to open that ??
it is a structural part off the cabinet you can remove it and weaken the cabinet but you will have to cut it in half and probably ruin the carcass/cabinet and not be able reaffix

Why are you trying to undo it anyway?
Thank you so much!

I want to check that there are any rat hole in the back of the cabinet and believe it will become easier if I can remove that board.

J
Thank you so much!

I want to check that there are any rat hole in the back of the cabinet and believe it will become easier if I can remove that board.
Just get one of these and plug in to your laptop/phone/tablet (you may need to buy a USB host adapter cable for phone/tablet) and use it to look - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Endoscope-Waterproof-Inspection-Camera-Borescope/dp/B00A6K4DCK

You should also be able to unclip the plinth strip from below the cabinet and look underneath.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back