WAR OF THE WORLDS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i'm in the middle of watching WAR OF THE WORLDS not a bad film so far, not as good as the first one.

Could you imagine if it was real :eek: i think one would of made a mess of one's pants, if one was face to face, :LOL:

Sponsored Links
markie said:
i'm in the middle of watching WAR OF THE WORLDS not a bad film so far, not as good as the first one.

Could you imagine if it was real :eek: i think one would of made a mess of one's pants, if one was face to face, :LOL:

Take some magic mushrooms and go out side and look at the lamp posts
get the idea..........

I found it to be a good movie, yet like you said "not as good as the orignal" what made it creepy was the way the robot things growled :eek:

Sponsored Links
MaNue said:
I found it to be a good movie, yet like you said "not as good as the orignal" what made it creepy was the way the robot things growled :eek:

to be honest with you thats part reminded me of a klangon far.ting

Spooky...we have just finished watching it here...not bad really considering it was a remake..they normally total ruin them by trying to be to clever.

Yeh it was ok...helped by the effects

What was really weird was turning the teletext on afterwards and seeing '18 dead in violnet storms in America'...

I thought..'ello ello'... :rolleyes:

It started off so well and then went steaderly downhill :( I wonder how they'd do with The Day of the Triffids, the BBC did a vertion but I never saw it, but the old one was great.

I saw it on a plane, so maybe didn't get the full effect, but I thought it was let down by trying to be too clever on the graphics. There were several scenes where things were exploding and rocks / planks / bricks were firing towards Tom Cruise and they were supposedly just missing him, but un reality were just disappearing when they got to him.

The other thing that seemed a bit silly was (like The Day After Tomorrow) the size of the journey he had supposedly made under those conditions.

johnny_t said:
I saw it on a plane, so maybe didn't get the full effect, but I thought it was let down by trying to be too clever on the graphics. There were several scenes where things were exploding and rocks / planks / bricks were firing towards Tom Cruise and they were supposedly just missing him, but un reality were just disappearing when they got to him.

The other thing that seemed a bit silly was (like The Day After Tomorrow) the size of the journey he had supposedly made under those conditions.
I think the journey must have ended up on the cutting room floor cos it appeared to be just over that hill.:cool:

markie said:
Zampa

The ending could of been better, IMHO, :LOL:

The ending was more or less the same as the original..I like that becasue I think they mess originals around too much...

One scene did make me laugh though..they are hiding in a house..theres death carnage and destruction all around a jumbo jet crashes on the house..and yet his car is left unared and he has a clear path to drive away :confused:

Oh and about half an hour later...the roter blades in the engine were still spinning :?:

And the biggest mystery...how did tom cruise look 6 foot tall?????

B.O.B DOLE said:
markie said:

Take some magic mushrooms and go out side and look at the lamp posts
get the idea..........
BOB ...........are you encouraging law breaking............. :?: :evil: For us Country Boys know that the mushie season is well over now .....so that by imbibing them now they must have been preserved :eek: THAT is breaking the law...........However if you go to the fields and eat them fresh from the ground............They can`t touch you for it :LOL: :cool: Problem is finding the bloody gate afterwards :eek: :LOL:

markie said:
Loved the first one, haven't seen the last one. I did had the lp of War of The Worlds they brought out (Jeff Wayne) which was very good also.

liked to first one
dont usually like remakes
and all is well after our tornado here...but ppl did die, sadly :cry:

Sponsored Links
Back