Wardrobe Sliding Mirror Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

I have 3 large wardrobe mirror doors that are 220cm x 91cm.
I think they could be as much as 18 years old!
They are in excellent condition though.

My question is:

Does the mirror glass weaken / deteriorate over this time to the point where they could be dangerous?

I don't intend to re-use them myself, however I would prefer them to get re-used by someone rather than bunged in a skip! I just thought that it might be wise to seek advice on this point as I would not wish to put someone at risk.

All the best

Ollie.

Sponsored Links
I've reused old glass without any problems other than the problems of transporting the stuff. The thing which deteriorates in mirror glass is the silvering

Scrit

old glass is more difficult to cut and often breaks

but i think its more ingrained grease stopping the cutter working properly rather than the glass deteriorating

big-all said:
but i think its more ingrained grease stopping the cutter working properly rather than the glass deteriorating
So you don't clean with m,eths/whiting or vinegar first? :eek:

Sponsored Links
with vinegar as it happens and old newsparers :D ;)

just wondering if it was the newsprint at fault :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks for the info. I hadn't thought about cutting, I was more thinking about an accidental side-impact causing the glass to shatter. Ie whether it would be more prone to break due to it's age.

Thanks again for your help.

Ollie.

heeelllooo oliver816 :D:D

it was more a comment thrown in not because it was relivent but more incase i could be relivent ;)

i personaly would say go for it recycle great i am all for it:cool:

i personaly dont think glass weakens with age to any relivent amount
but of course you are now "handeling" it without the origional protective packaging so that point makes it a bit more vunerable

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back