Warm plates

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Warm 45A shower switch plate, and warm 20A Immersion Heater switch plate ( house been re-wired 5 years ago). I've changed both plates, like for like, and both still slightly warm. Cable feeding the shower is stranded so presume its 6mm or 10mm( how do i tell which one?).2.5 on I/H.
What to do next?

Sponsored Links
does the shower switch only get warm whilst its in use? providing it is not overloaded, and the cable is big enough for the circuit then i wouldnt worry unless its getting excessive hot. Same with immersion.#

Best bet would be to change to a better make mk or crabtree should do the trick.

steve, thanks for the reply. No the shower switch is only hot in use but the I/H switch was pemanently hot(now replaced) intresingly, the neon had failed at an earlier date.. So i'll take onboard your advice. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back