Warm roof insulation advice please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are preparing and decking out a flat roof this week and could do with a little advice, were thinking of a warm deck made up of firing strips, 18mm ply, 110mm celotex, 18mm ply and 3 layer of torched on felt the reasoning for the lower level of ply was to ensure a good fixing when screwing the upper ply through the 110mm celotex.
I no you can get insulation board with 6mm ply bonded to one face but my roofer has said that it can de-bond and often the screw heads can grin through due to the flex.
Would the lower ply cause issues with the vapour barrier or condensation etc?

Sponsored Links
Hi i always do it this way again firrings then shuttering ply then visqueen membrane then kingspan tr26 at 85mm then the 18mm ply all screwed together with 150mm screws hope that helps.I dont know about the bonded insulation never used it all i can say about the above is its never failed

Thanks Dilly, spoke to celotex tech advice today and they backed up what you suggest.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back