Warmfront - heating installers should read this

Is Agile really that much of a half wit or is he whinding us all up . Absolute snob whose head is so far up his own Ass i am amazed he can find his way to a job.

Sponsored Links
personally i feel every job should be treated as if it was your own home

If you had unscrewed the kitchen cabinet from the wall I am surprised that you did not move it out of the way yourself.

I do have to say that my reaction is that you have had £2300 of work done for you for free and you are complaining about what seem to me to be minor issues.

Only this afternoon I was speaking to a building worker who works on Council contracts and he was talking about the non working tenants who pay no rent and were getting new heating systems completely free and some of them complain to high heaven as if they were paying for the systems.

That attitude stinks. What difference does it make whether they are paying for it themselves or the install is paid for by a grant

Sponsored Links
If you were doing work for someone whom you knew was not having to pay for the work, would you think it acceptable that you caused damage, however minor, then left it for them to sort out?

No, of course I would not consider it acceptable. If I were ever to cause any damage then I would put it right.

However, I dont do grant aided work and its pretty well known that many of the firms who do are rather slipshod and sometimes not very polite to the residents either.

I find that I am usually rather critical of the standards of most of the work that I see. Even so, I did see a new boiler installation of a combi to replace a back boiler at a housing association property in Coventry and I would have to say that I have never seen such a perfect job before or since!

The only minor criticism I could find was that the room stat was fitted on an upstairs landing rather than in the living room.

Tony

No, of course I would not consider it acceptable. If I were ever to cause any damage then I would put it right.

Then why did you write:

If you had unscrewed the kitchen cabinet from the wall I am surprised that you did not move it out of the way yourself.

I do have to say that my reaction is that you have had £2300 of work done for you for free and you are complaining about what seem to me to be minor issues.

Only this afternoon I was speaking to a building worker who works on Council contracts and he was talking about the non working tenants who pay no rent and were getting new heating systems completely free and some of them complain to high heaven as if they were paying for the systems.

Appeared as if you were condoning the approach.

God if i was to treat every job like one done in my own house i would charge hourly rates . Just think how much you would make on those simple jobs that take months :LOL:

Appeared as if you were condoning the approach.

Not at all!

But in the real world I aim to do the best job possible because I take a pride in what I do! Thats why I would never want to do grant aided work because thats not intended to be best quality.

That cannot be said for a spotty faced youth who has just landed a job with Iguana and his only thought all day long is the beer he will be drinking in the pub that evening and the bird he might find there at the weekend.

Tony

You should ask those who specify it!

Surely you dont think that Ideals and Ravenheats or any boiler without Weather Comp can ever be the best quality?

Tony

To me, the quality of any job starts at the design and specification stage.

There are many Ideal boilers which have been perfectly installed which are giving their owners grief!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back