Warmsure

Sponsored Links
So companies owned by eaga are giving value for money charging 2700 for certain jobs that should be at least a grand cheaper and not even meeting basic CHESS guidelines.

Can you tell me how an installer fault can cause the horrendous PCB failure rate on icos and isars

Yeah - badly fitted flue seals causing condensate running into air intake - shorting fan then causing pcb to blow - or how about condensate backing up into sump,

I was not on about obvious faults that would cause a board to go , im on about boards just going horrendously

Sponsored Links
PCB new V9 are a lot more reliable now - so they will be less likely to give you guys any bother

Local authority guys and BG guys are saying they are starting to get a load of the feking up too . Ah they are only a ton fifty plus a throw cheap at twice the price :LOL:

PCB new V9 are a lot more reliable now - so they will be less likely to give you guys any bother

If I remember correctly the first Isar/icos came out about 1998 !

I fitted seven shortly afterwards!

Five had the PCB replaced and two had them replaced TWICE during the first year.

The other two I dont know about!

For five boilers to have SEVEN PCBs replaced during the warrantee period is hardly a good start. Furthermore the cost to Ideal of dealing with the repairs would hardly have made those sales very profitable.

I can still remember the sales promotion evening, lots of flashing lights and loud music and nice sandwiches and tit bits !

Tony

a biasi boiler is an ideal boiler without the badge so quoting failure rates on Ideal boiler and Biasi is pointless.

a biasi boiler is an ideal boiler without the badge so quoting failure rates on Ideal boiler and Biasi is pointless.

I think you are under some misapprehension here. ( Perhaps on posting dates too ? )

Biasi boilers are made by.............................Biasi !

They are then rebadged by Ideal.

The Ideal FF80 was also made by Biasi but to a slightly different design to any of the Biasi only products.

Tony

Thanks for the Info.
That makes me feel easier if they infact a part of a large well established company.
Thanks again.

I work for Warmsure as an Inspector and I can tell you they are NOT a part of the Ideal boiler group anymore, they have now been taken over by the Eaga group and are now the main service breakdown company for Eaga who in turn deal with all new Warmfront installations around the country.
Nice stable job, semi decent pay, good hols and conditions and oppurtunity to make decent bonus.
As things go out in the big world, you could do a lot worse!
:eek:

promotion evening, lots of flashing lights and loud music and nice sandwiches and TIT bits !

Sounds like a good night T!!!

I totally agree with you Tony, Ideal boilers are awful, gawd knows the number of unsuspecting people that have these piles of sh.te in their homes!!

As one of our service engineers says; 'How can one company make so many bad products'??!!!

promotion evening, lots of flashing lights and loud music and nice sandwiches and TIT bits !

Sounds like a good night T!!!

I totally agree with you Tony, Ideal boilers are awful, gawd knows the number of unsuspecting people that have these piles of sh.te in their homes!!

As one of our service engineers says; 'How can one company make so many bad products'??!!!

I agree to a certain point, the old isar was a combi built to a budget to satisfy the Warmfront scheme, however the new Logic combi is excellent and takes many features from Vaillant etc.
Hopefully this might save Ideal's reputation, I've fitted a few of the new Logics and they are top notch, not a single breakdown in nearly a year!

Hopefully this might save Ideal's reputation, I've fitted a few of the new Logics and they are top notch, not a single breakdown in nearly a year!

As a Warmfront inspector on a semi decent salary then I wonder why you are apparently fitting boilers in your spare time?

I hope you are gas registered in your own name.

however the new Logic combi is excellent and takes many features from Vaillant etc.

its got diddly squat in common with a vaillant. Try taking the case off and having a look. Anyway, this thread is years old, check the date before posting!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back