WARNING VAILLANT 837 commbi boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not being funny you havent given us any details about the fault, what you think is wrong with the boiler, what visits you had by vaillant and why/if they refuse to attend. You havent the faintest idea what your talking about and I wonder whether you even have this boiler at all, or if the whole story is a figment of your imagination..

Sponsored Links
Vaillant are utter rubbish we moved in to the property in 1993 with a Vaillant combi boiler fitted in 1989 again supplying hot water with heating problems

Does this not tell you that the system is at fault not the boiler?

The Vaillant ecotec range has the lowest failure rate on the market. FACT

I'm not gonna get into all this but anyone reading this should ignore the statement that Vaillant are rubbish and should consider the op employed an under skilled worker to install

Group service (vaillants warranty team) will only not attend under warranty if there is a system fault. They also won't come out under warranty if your boiler is out of warranty which yours is.
They will however offer a fixed price repair on the boiler
Not that it would help when you have a system problem
Group service would never tell you to get your engineer they woul try to sell you a repair from themselves

SSsteiner? mmm.....

You thread has TROLL written all over it , enough said. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
previous when the system had been turned off for at least 30 mins I would turn the central heating knob to on and the radiator symbol would appear, it would fire up for 8 seconds then stop and go on to ciculating mode with flashing radiator and flashing C, all pipework remains cold, the pump is working.

circulation mode?

Thats anti-cycle mode (flashing Rad) which is what he should have disabled/checked parameters for firstly
warmstart demand (flashing C) which he should have switched off secondly
ThenThirdly
tried the boiler on heating demand (Since it was firing before going into anti-cycle mode)

but instead the boiler has been pulled to pieces, put back together and now

Today he removed the heat exchanger and flushed out with acid, replaced and on the digital display the radiator symbol remains on but no flame symbol,

Its not even firing

got to agree with the others I'm afraid its not the quality of the boiler at fault ,more likely the install/installer/meddler

Matt

I am sorry if you do not like the facts, these combi boilers and not just mine do not work and as I stated previously they are a regular income for a lot and I can understand the stance you are taking, its even starting to get a bit personnel which proves I am hitting a raw nerve.
I repeat any person reading this should avoid expensive combi boilers you are paying for the name only, not a quality or better manufactured boiler, if you must go for a combi option buy the cheapest and get 2 years warranty and with luck you may get 5 to 7 trouble free years but the spares are expensive so you scrap and buy new again.

Your just not listening mate if you put that boiler on a new or clean properly designed system it would be working fine

I have installed at least 100 ecotec combis and had one failure due to a dirty system so I can't really say the boiler failed

What experience have you had with other combis / manufacturers? Or even other Vaillants?

If it's only your own then how can you make such a sweeping generalisation? It makes no sense!

I wish people would stop buying computers with one way screens, makes it so difficult for us to help them when all they can read is the outgoing messages.

Oh no, hang on my mistake its probably not the machine, its the user!

Oh but if we relate whats going on in this thread, then its not the user, its the machine!

your main problem seems to be your inability to listen to what people are telling you. There's nothing wrong with the boiler, its been badly specced and/or installed. Let me know when your getting rid of it and I'll take it away for you free of charge.

I know mickyg you asked first,but I am willing to travel from Wales if he,s giving/scrapping this top of the range boiler ;)

Let him get his AGA, stick a 15/50 pump on it, and he'll be back next year bleating his rads are not working, and claiming the AGA is crap.

your main problem seems to be your inability to listen to what people are telling you. There's nothing wrong with the boiler, its been badly specced and/or installed. Let me know when your getting rid of it and I'll take it away for you free of charge.

I know mickyg you asked first,but I am willing to travel from Wales if he,s giving/scrapping this top of the range boiler ;)

I'm only in Duston, I'll fight you both for it :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back