Was digging up the garden and hit this. Asbestos?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was digging in the garden and hit this. Stopped as soon as I saw it was blue and hairy. I know absolutely nothing about asbestos, so not sure if it should be ringing alarm bells, or I'm being overly cautious.

I've already called the pros about coming to look at it, but as they can't come until Monday I thought I'd get some opinions on here.

Attachments

• 20231201_154033.jpg
    20231201_154033.jpg
    530.2 KB · Views: 203
  • 20231201_154042.jpg
    20231201_154042.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 198
Sponsored Links
just wear the PPE etc and if in doubt dispose of it as if it was... or buy a test kit cost about £50.00

I was digging in the garden and hit this. Stopped as soon as I saw it was blue and hairy. I know absolutely nothing about asbestos, so not sure if it should be ringing alarm bells, or I'm being overly cautious.

I've already called the pros about coming to look at it, but as they can't come until Monday I thought I'd get some opinions on here.
Looks like polypropylene reinforcing fibres, if they melt when flame is applied your ok

Sponsored Links
Mystery solved. Feel like a bit of a plum now!

Was looking at photos of the concrete pour I had done for a shed base, and the bits I hit while digging are just overspill from the frame when it was being poured.

Screenshot_20231209_011332_Photos.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back